Wednesday, July 13, 2011

(P)Interested?

Have you discovered Pinterest yet? (By the way - that's a link that you can click and see Pinterest for yourself.) It's a very cool site - sort of like your own bulletin board on the Internet. I don't know about you, but my bookmarks folder is filled with sites and things that I want to remember. The only problem is that there are so many of them, I have no idea what they are anymore.

For instance, I love, love, LOVE this:


I found it when I was blog-surfing one day (thank you, Dottie Angel.) I could bookmark it and add it to the list that is already way too long. But, I won't know be able to remember what that bookmark is for. Trust me on this. I've tried.

(Here's another thing I pinned. Cool, huh? Wanna come wrap fabric around styrofoam balls with me? This idea came from aprettylifeinthesuburbs.blogspot.com.)


Pinterest solves that problem. It uses photos so you can actually remember what you liked. And, they automatically link back to the original source, giving both credit to the person who deserves it and letting you find it again. You decide how to organize your photos by setting up and naming your "bulletin boards" yourself. And, it's easy to do. You get a little widget that says "Pin This" to add to your toolbar. When you see something you like, you click that widget and it lets you pick the picture you want, add any comments and then put it on the board you want. It's easier than I'm making it sound. Really. I promise.

If you want to, you can click here and see my pins: My Pinterest pins. Here's another preview:



See - you can pin things just because you think they are beautiful. Like Anne Hathaway in this stunning dress. Don't you love her tiara? (This image came from justjared.com, although I am a little ashamed to admit it. I don't read that site; just came across the photo somewhere else.)

But, there is one more fun part. It's sort of like "show and tell." You can see other people's boards and comment on their loves or even re-pin them to your board. You can easily post your pins on Facebook so that other people can see them. Oooh - maybe birthday or Christmas hints? I wonder if the people at Pinterest have thought of that?



In case anyone is interested, I need this flowered tape in my life. Unfortunately, it came from etsy.com and it says it isn't available anymore. Maybe someone can find something similar?

If you give it a try, let me know and I'll follow you. And, maybe you'll follow me? And, while you are in the mood to tag along with me, perhaps you'll follow this blog as well. Okay, finished with the shameless bit of self-promotion!

Have fun pinning!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment