Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm still here!

I think I found out the surefire way to make myself slow down enough to update my blog. I broke my toe on Friday night when I accidentally kicked a leg of the couch. (My husband wants me to say that I have "toe-lio." I told him that was silly.) I've spent a good bit of time moving from bed to couch with my foot elevated, watching some very bad television. But, today the Food Network has a "Chopped" marathon on - I love that show!

(I really regret putting off that pedicure.)
I have continued my "Daily Bird" project though and managed to limp around to take pictures of the July birds yesterday. So, here are the first sixteen. (You can click on the date below to get the full description of each bird.) I'll post the remainder of July tomorrow.

1. july 1, 2. july 2, 3. july 3, 4. july 4, 5. july 5, 6. july 6, 7. july 7, 8. july 8, 9. july 9, 10. july 10, 11. july 11, 12. july 12, 13. july 13, 14. july 14, 15. july 15, 16. july 16

I also completed the month of August but haven't photographed them yet. Since I am still hobbled, I'm sure I will get to it soon. So, watch this space for a flock of birds coming soon!

Susan Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit Google Bookmark Yahoo

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your toe, Susan! As one who's gone through multiple foot & toe surgeries, I can testify that when your foot hurts, it affects your whole self!!! I remember when Martee and I wore our post-op shoes at the same time during one of my in-and-out visits with her and Paul!!! I think it was the time you prepared a lovely lunch for us and, unfortunately, introduced me to that yummy mocha fudge almond ice cream! I became an addict!!

    I can't wait to see what you're gonna do with 365 beautiful little birdies!! Will they be in your Christmas decor? Where do you keep them now? On display?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annette. Broken and injured toes don't get enough respect, do they?

    I have an idea in mind to display my birdies, but am still contemplating it. Currently, the June birds live in their own paper tote bag and the July ones will have their own after they have their group photo. It's a work in progress!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could call it "mal-i-toe-sis."

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have used that if David had suggested it. "Mal-i-toe-sis" isn't silly at all.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete