Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm back - again.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be an occasional visitor to my own blog. I have really good intentions to post often, but I just don't think it's going to happen. Of course, that means even-less-than-occasional visitors but I just can't help it. I am sorry. However, I am no longer going to start each post with an apology for not posting in such a long time.

This past week has been spent in a flurry of crafting because...(drum roll)...it's Farmers' Market time again! My cute neighbor and her good friend have a home-based craft business called "sweet on main" and they sell my things on commission. Cristina and Anna are truly amazing young women. Not only do they make darling things, but they are also mothers to adorable children, wives to terrific men, take time to live responsibly, volunteer and to be good friends to many. I am inspired by them to accomplish more.

So...here are the things I made for them to take today:



I didn't get a chance to do any individual photos or to even make this one very good. I took the picture at about 9:00 last night, when I finished the last of the things. I needed to get them to Cristina so that she could take them to the market this morning. But, there are hairclips, barrettes and headbands and some zippered bags. I hadn't done anything like this in far too long and it took a surprisingly long time to find my creativity.

My lack of inspiration - and lack of preparation - led to this.


Somewhere in all of this chaos is my craft room. So, now you know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my weekend. I have several other projects that need to be finished soon and I need to clear some space.

This time, if you don't hear from me in week or so, perhaps you should worry. I may have gotten lost in the mess. If I achieve my goal of cleaning and organizing, I will post a photo proving it!

Susan

P.S. I have been making birds every day during my hiatus. However, my photography of them has been severely neglected so I don't have proof. But, I really have been doing it - I promise! Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit Google Bookmark Yahoo

2 comments:

  1. All of it looks like fun to me! LCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - it was while I was making the mess. Unfortunately, it still looks like that today...

    ReplyDelete